A Tourism Associate is any business or organization which is primarily engaged in providing goods and/or services to the traveling public and which is family-oriented and allows and encourages the attendance and participation of both adults and minors in the majority of its activities and does not exclude minors from attendance and participation in its primarily advertised activities (Note: Businesses which qualify for any attraction category of membership shall not be eligible for Associate membership).
A facility whose primary business is
- retail sales, including shopping centers and malls,
- food and/or beverage sales,
- festivals and events,
- sporting events,
- venues primarily leased to a third-party producer or promoter of shows, concerts, and events,
- marketing to prearranged groups,
- providing a venue for the practice or training in sporting or other physical skills
is eligible for membership as a Tourism Associate member if all other definitions pursuant to FAA bylaws are met.
In order to preserve our heritage representing Florida’s finest family attractions, facilities which are restricted by law from advertising to or permitting minors upon their primary business premises are prohibited from membership.